1) I can create a soundtrack using recorded sounds, loops, and multiple applications on an iPad.
2) I can perform the soundtrack LIVE when a children's storybook is read aloud.
3) I can justify my musical choices and how they add to the experience of reading a book to children.
1) Choose a short children's book, sutable for the Falcon Preschool students.
2) Assign each member of your group (of 4) a role to play in the performance of the piece. Roles include: reader, musical leader, sound effect leader, timing/que master, etc.
3) Create a soundtrack that will be triggered using applications on iPads (each group may use up to THREE iPads to complete the project). The soundtrack should include background music, sound effects, a page turn sound, etc. The soundtrack should be simple yet appealing to small children.
We will perform a run-through of these pieces on the day of the final exam.
These pieces will be performed WITHOUT using amplification in MARCH for Music In Our Schools Month. We will be traveling to the Falcon Preeschool to read/play our books for the kiddos.