Project & Presentation Learning Targets:
1) I can transform a song from one genre into another.
2) I can justify my artistic and musical choices in an informal presentation of my song.
3) I can reflect upon my creation process and self-assess the quality of my final product.
1) Introduce the song or songs they chose to start with and what genre they are categorized as.
2) Discuss the process they went through to change or add elements to the piece to transform their piece into a new genre.
3) Justify why the final product fits into their new genre.
4) Allow the class to listen to their song.
5) Answer questions (may or may not be from the question bank provided).
During each students presentation all classmates should be listening actively and be prepared to ask questions, make observations, or clarify points from the presentation. The question bank provided is a good starting point for questioning.
Essential Questions - Food for Thought:
How does this project help us lead into Project 4 next semester?
How did this project help us successfully achieve our Learning Targets?