1) I can alter my GarageBand environment to meet the needs of my piece.
2) I can cut/split/splice loops in GarageBand to replicate the patterns of a picture.
3) I can use reasoning to pretict what my piece will sound like without listening to it.
1) Take a picture of a simple pattern found somewhere on campus (ex: birds on a wire, tile pattern on the floor or wall, posters arranged in windows, drainage covers, etc).
2) Using only the loops available to you in GarageBand, recreate the pattern. Be aware of how much you are zoomed in or out, the tempo of the piece, and the types of loops used (Green MIDI and Blue loops cannot be placed on the same track line).
3) DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR PIECE...we will do this on Monday as a class and enjoy the surprise of your creations.
We will discuss websites and share your observations on our final exam day. This discussion along with revisiting the slideshow from the beginning of the year are your "final exam" - each student will be graded on the quality of their contributions to the class discussion.
Please comment below with some initial thoughts. Who has an amazing website and why? Who has an awesome project and why? List at least 3 specific examples of exceptional student work or music creations.