1) I can record sound effects using Foley techniques (recording sounds not actually made by the items described).
2) I can edit sound effects using GarageBand.
3) I can describe the creation of my sound effects in a post on my weebly site that includes a track list and an exported mp3 of my sound effects piece.
Using a variety of objects, record the following sounds -
1. Wind (you choose the location)
2. Breaking Glass
3. Heavy object dropping/Thump
4. Bone Breaking
5. Footsteps (you choose what the person is walking on)
6. _____________ (you pick)
7. _____________ (you pick)
8. _____________ (you pick)
9. Combination Challenge (combine the necessary sounds to create a car crash effect segment)
Export and post your song on your weebly page. Include the following in your post:
1. An mp3 of your sound effects track
2. A list of the effect you recorded in the order that they are heard.
3. A description of each effect (what was used to make the sound and how you edited the sound effects).
Write a 5 paragraph essay using correct grammar and English writing conventions that answers the following question. Provide examples and historical references in your document. Include at least 3 different sources using MLA citation format for your bibliography and in-text citations when appropriate.
What is Foley? How is it used in film or television and what technological developments have been made to advance the creation of sound effects?