iPad Project: Record
iMac Project: Create
In groups of 3 (ish)...
1) Create a song that is 16 bars in length.
2) ONLY use sounds you record around campus.
3) You can choose to align your recording's tempos or not (but it must be obvious what your goal is)
Hint 1: Headphones may be helpful.
Hint 2: YOU can make sounds with things you find.
1) Create a song that is 1-2 minutes in length.
2) You must include a minimum of 1 loop (blue), 1 MIDI sound (green), and an effect of some sort.
3) There must be dynamic/volume level changes in your piece (fading loops in and out).
4) Play around with tempo and key signature (don't use the standard C Major & 120 BPM.
Goals & Outcomes
1) I can create a song in GarageBand using both iPads and IMacs with a variety of requirements for each.
2) I can record a variety of sounds and organize them to create a song.
3) I can use a variety of techniques within the GarageBand application to edit, organize, and create music.
Publishing Your Work:
1) Upload your sound files to your Portfolio Page on your Weebly site. Include a short description with each song.
2) Describe what decisions you made when creating each project.
3) How successful were you in reaching your goals for the final product (did it sound the way you wanted it to?)?